I’ll be speaking at the CONTACT conference in NYC this week. My theme will be “connecting the dots.” Everyone at the conference will be well intentioned, super intelligent activists, thinkers and doers.
“So what can I say – which will make a difference?”
1. We’re all still operating in silos – in our own unique worlds and networks.
2. By inter-connecting between each other, yes knowledge can be shared, but also money can be used more efficiently. Share space, help each other create web sites and viral campaigns, support each other’s efforts.
3. Utilize government money more efficiently. Get this money “on track”. OUT in-efficiency. It’s your duty as a tax paying citizen to do so.
4. Work with community organizations to show them the value and benefits of on-line technology.
5. Remember – jobs today are not 40 hr a week, they’re freelance, on-line and virtual. JOBS is the #1 issue in society today!
6. Do as Steve Jobs suggested “connect the dots”, “love what you do”, and “make sure to make THIS life count, stick to your instincts and gut”
In four minutes.